Tuesday, February 8, 2011

dance, dance until I die

Thursday Night Latin Dance
First two weeks was Ballroom Dance, but there was only a four person turn out. 
Unfortunately became cancelled.

BUT.

I got the choice of attending Latin instead.
       I LOVE it.


We're learning the Beat Jive and the Cha-Cha. I adore the Beat Jive.
 It is SO much fun. Very exhilarating.

The Cha-Cha is a lot of fun as well, but I'm having a harder time getting the moves right. 
Lots of hip movement! Aha.
This move is called New York. It's the hardest one
to do properly in the Cha-Cha
My mom and I have always fantasized that when us five kids each got married or had a bf/gf, we would go out and get dancing lessons. 
               But, when we started watching Dancing with the Stars back last spring, I just had to try it.
So this year I did the plunge and tried it out. 
       Dancing is so much fun. My sister and I make up moves to almost every song we listen to. We memorize songs like Hannah Montana's "Hoedown Throwdown". Or we watch youtube videos from camp rock hundreds of times until we can accomplish the dance. (Sadly, I have learned most of the dance moves from the entire movie of Camp Rock 2: Final Jam).
                 
                             My partner last week, happened to be amazing. It was his first dance class, but he led! There's a little bit of pushing and pulling involved. Hard to explain with words, but but it's all in his hand with mine. This guy, pretty much mastered that. Twirling me around and leading the dance moves we were learning (since we seemed to be learning faster than the other 30 people in the class) we had time to fool around. 
     Best night so far. 

I'd love to continue with this. I'd take latin/ballroom over hip hop any day! Unless my sister was in the same hip hop class...

     Get up and dance, never stop until I die
                      I dance before the Lord, it pleases him so.
             He's the leader in this one, don't ever let me go!
                                 

1 comment:

  1. You gotta show me your moves sometime! I'll take the lead and we'll cut up the floor.

    ReplyDelete