Monday, February 14, 2011

Beautiful Love

Personally, I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day.

Why is their only one specific day to make your loved one feel special? Why about all of the other days of the year? Why not every day of the year?

It just seems limited.


On another level, my mom has it rough. She's going through so much. Raising five psychotic children, dealing with finances, being as involved as she can all the time, family being supported only by a half day teaching position, two family members dealing with Autism, and two sons still in high school each begun a relationship or close to it (just to name a few). And if that wasn't enough, she decided to go to Teachers College to become a teacher to help financially support our family. Since September, it has been utter chaos at the Hesman house. How do we keep on going? This is nuts. Everyone is on each other's nerves all the time, yelling all the time. Dinner at the dinner table together...I don't even remember the last time.
Where is the love?! HOW?
I don't understand. Neither do I understand how my mom manages to stay strong through it all. She is the most Godly woman I know. I completely look up to her. I wish I could be a mother like her someday.

We never used to get along. It was my dad and me. We were both the quiet type. He had the awesome, typical, father sense of humour.
But when things changed after the move to Windsor, we didn't get along anymore. Since my mom and I had completely different personality's, we just didn't agree.
Though for a time, not having a parent to talk to, I needed to do something. My mom and my relationship has gotten SOOO much better in the last 6 years.

My favourite's:
- me doing nothing after my last fifth year semester, sticking around home from February-April and spending lots of time with my mom at home
- dates involving clothes shopping and appetizers at Applebee's (YUM)
- dreaming about her house on the Detroit River right beside the University of Windsor
      - big enough to fit all five of us and our spouses and children when we come back for Christmas
      - room to rent for university students
      - park/playground across the street perfect for football games
      - playground in the back
      - property goes all the way to the river
      - a little island off of the property
      - super huge, very old house with LOTS of character

I LOVE MY MOMMA. You are the most amazing mother ever. I'm so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment