Thursday, December 9, 2010

(I don't want to hear any) Explanations, Rationalizations, or Excuses

That has got to be one of my mom's most used phrases. She wants the truth and nothing but. That's fair. She is our mother and we must honour her in that...It's just a hard thing to do when we're so stuck in what we believe that whatever we did, had a good enough reason to justify doing it. It was still wrong, Rebekah! Right, right...Mom knows best. I'm still working on being humble and teachable, and I will never be perfect at it. But I can strive to be my best. And only with the power of the Holy Spirit, I can get better.

"I can do nothing on my own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and my judgement is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of him who sent me."   John 5:30

"I can do everything in him who gives me strength."    Philippians 4:13

"In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."   Romans 8:26



Now a friend of mine asked me to describe the title of my blog. EXPLANATIONS. That's when my mind went immediately to my mother's phrase. 
ANYWAYS.

Soulterra: A Journey Across is the possible title of the novel I've been writing. (I haven't made up my mind of a title yet because I want to finish the story first before choosing one).
     First of all to describe the background of me writing this novel in the first place - - I've always wanted to write a story. I started 2 and a half years ago and I have over 40 pages now. I'll go through long periods of writers block, but I'm excited to see how this goes. I never expected to publish it or anything, though I've had a few friends push me to doing so...we shall see what happens, but until I finish my story, I'm not going to think that far ahead since there will be LOTS of editing to be done. 
          I enjoy reading, but the time that I've had to read has been a small amount. I enjoyed the Animorph series and the Calling of Emily Evans. I read the Twilight series. (I didn't enjoy supporting the vampires or the werewolves, but I really enjoyed the writing style of the author). Though my favourite series by FAR was the Eragon series. The last one still has yet to come out...and I'm SO looking forward to that book! I really enjoyed the time setting and the fantasy about it. With kings, dragons, elves, dwarves, and crazy looking creatures. I definitely recommend it to all of you.
               So my story is also a fantasy in the land of Soulterra, where a family (based off mine) lives in the quaint little village of Fairwood. Brenwyyn (the main character) is chosen to be the wife of the evil Prince Ruthord (pronounced RUE-therd) who is quickly seizing power because his father, the good king Rolfan, has fallen deathly ill. He always gets his way, so when Brenwyyn and her siblings escape, he begins with sending the Torax after them. An ugly looking group of creatures who have been tamed and kept at bay by the sick king until now. By chance meeting up with another family also with five children, they must make the longest and more tiring journey ever across the land of Soulterra to seek refuge in the Mountains of Ghore...
DUN, DUN, DUN...
So I hope you all enjoy it, I am excited to finish it (I know Em Krugerrrrr is as well).

PS. I've decided that my posts will be every 3 days if I can, so people know when to expect a new chapter.

1 comment: